Our mission is to help you stay healthy through hand-picked video content while you’re locked at home.
Protecting your private information is our priority. It is Embry Tech, Inc’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our websites, including but not limited to https://shark.health.
We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used.
What Personal Information We Collect
1. When you use or sign up at SharkHealth you voluntarily share certain information including your email address. We can use your IP address, which is used to approximate your location. If you sign up through your Facebook or Google, we can use information from those accounts (such as your friends or contacts) to improve your Shark.Health experience. This is dependent on the privacy policies or settings for those accounts.
2. Log data. When you use SharkHealth, our servers record information (“log data”), including information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website. This log data includes your Internet Protocol address (which we use to infer your approximate location), the address of and activity on websites you visit that incorporate SharkHealth features, searches, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used SharkHealth, cookie data and device data.
3. Cookie data. SharkHealth may also make use of the standard practice of placing tiny data files called cookies, flash cookies, pixel tags, or other tracking tools (“Cookies”) on your computer or other devices used to access the Shark.Health services. Cookies are small bits of information that are automatically stored on the web browser of your device that can be retrieved by us. The type of information we collect includes, but is not limited to, uniquely identifying visitor information and information related to your usage preferences. We use these technologies to help us recognize you as a user, collect information about your use of the SharkHealth to better customize our services and content for you.
4. Device information. In addition to log data, we collect information about the device you’re using SharkHealth on, including the type of device, operating system, settings, unique device and identifiers.
5. Clickstream data and conclusions. When you’re on Shark.Health, we use your activity—such as which videos you click on, which section of the website you use, the collection you create and the influencers you like — along with the information you provided when you first signed up to make conclusions about you and your preferences. For example, if you save yoga videos, we may conclude you are a yoga lover. We may also infer information about your education or professional experience based on your activity when you link your account to accounts you have with third parties like Facebook or Google.
How We Use Information We Collect
Making Shark.Health safe and improving our product features so you keep finding the inspiration you want is fundamental to us. We’re committed to showing you content that’s relevant, interesting and personal to you. To do that, the information we collect we use to provide and improve your experience, including (a) identify you, when you use Shark.Health, (b) recommend videos you might like based on your activity on SharkHealth, (c) respond to your questions or comments.
In addition to the specific circumstances above, we’ll only use your information with your consent in order to send you marketing materials by email or push notification depending on your account or operating system settings. Each time we send you marketing materials, we give you the option to unsubscribe.
You also have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access Shark.Health. For example, the browser you use lets you control cookies or other types of local data storage. Your mobile device lets you choose how and whether your precise location, photos, contacts and other data is shared with us. To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by your device or software provider.
How Long Do We Hold On Your Data
We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. What data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We don’t share any personally identifying information publicly or with third-parties, except when required to by law.
Your Options. Request access to the information we collect and hold about you.
- We usually share this with you within 30 days of you asking us for it through our Get Help section.
- You can update your information in your profile or delete your data by closing your account.
- You can ask us to stop using your information, including when we use your information to send you marketing emails or push notifications. If you opt-out of receiving marketing messages from us, we may still send you updates about your account.
- Have the information you provided to us sent to another organization, where we hold this information with your consent or for the performance of a contract with you, and, where it’s technically feasible for us to do so.
- Request more details about the information we collect and how and why we use and share it.
- When you deactivate your account we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can’t identify you.
Shark.Health embeds video content from external sites, including but not limited to Youtube, Instagram or Twitter, that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies and the impact it may have on you. By using Shark.Health website’s content you are automatically agreeing to these terms.
How To Contact Us
Your continued use of Shark.Health platform will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information or would like to exercise your options described above feel free to contact us. The best way to get in touch with us through the Get Help section on Shark.Health platform.
Effective Date April 27th, 2020
Last updated April 27th, 2020